When it comes to burning fat, losing weight, building new muscle mass, and/or getting fit fast… energy is everything. The more energy you have, the easier it will be to do the things you need to do to be successful. But in today’s hectic world it’s not always easy to maintain high energy levels.
USNews.com fitness blog “Eat + Run” recently published a guide to natural energy boosters. It’s pretty good so we thought we’d share it here. Below is a list of the basic tips included in the article, along with some of our own tips and ideas added on. Enjoy…
1. Do some exercise — preferably early in the morning.
2. Drink a LOT of water — green and black tea are good choices, despite the caffeine content.
3. Eat plenty of healthy omega-3 fats, fiber, and iron-rich foods — tuna or sardines on whole wheat crackers is a great “energy” snack.
4. Eat dates, cucumbers (WTF??), and avocados — fresh guacamole may be the best condiment on earth.
5. Eat healthy bacteria like yogurt and kefir — probiotic supplements are a good idea for most people.
6. Sleep the right amount — 7 to 8 hours seems to be about ideal for most people.
Read the full article here: Scientific Ways to Get Energized, Naturally
FYI, we don’t care what they say, we LOVE our coffee and have no plans to stop drinking it. Espresso is an incredibly effective pre-workout energy booster!
More good info: 9 Tips to Boost Your Energy Naturally
What do you think about these energy boosting tips?
Delicious energy boosters photo by brianpdx